Стоит ли с такими рез-ми с пробника сдавать САЕ 1 апреля?

2017-01-06 15:45:22

Hi, guys.
I'm taking CAE in 3 months. However, I hesitate whether I'm ready or not. Maybe more "experienced" learners who have already passed it can look at my results and comment on them.
USE OF ENGLISH: 41/50 // 82%
LISTENING: 28/30 // 93%
READING: 28/34 // 82%
WRITING: 34/40 // 85%
*SPEAKING: I cannot assess this part as I'm preparing on my own. I just record my answers and relisten them afterwards. But I've never been to English-speaking countries and I don't have people to practice it with so this part is thought to be the worst for me :(
Could you tell me what do you think about such the results? Is there any sense in taking CAE?
P.S. an example of writing:
Part 1:
There is a tradition of celebrating the end of an academic year at our college. So was the last year. However, I read in a school newspaper a few days after that the celebration had not been so successful because of some mistakes. This year I want to put forward some ideas where and how to celebrate it taking into account the current budget and my groupmates’ wishes.
Outdoor park
Lately I have read a review on a wedding held there, so I contacted with them and asked whether they could provide me with information on holding our activity there. First of all, there are all the necessary facilities: a swimming pool, a terrace for barbeque, bowling lones and even a nightclub. All my groupmates are standing for the barbeque there as it is said to be really delicious. However, the total cost is quite high for such a party.
River cruise
My friend had a cruise ship party and was satisfied by its service. I have already found out all the details about our own party: there is a restaurant, a nightclub and live music. At the restaurant they told me that they were ready to discuss discounts only with the administration of the college. The music is not optional: there is a standard play list that can not be changed despite some people hate jazz. There was a thing that pleasantly surprised me – live music. I do not like nightclubs, so this option is very important to me.
Although it is not the easiest task to choose the best place that suits everyone, but we need to do away with it as soon as possible. I guess that we have to make a written quiz among students and find out their attention to these alternatives.
Task 2:
“Tourism – it is always a good thing”
Nowadays the touristic trend is spreading all over the world. Some people welcome foreigners in their country taking it for granted, others – are standing against it. However, there is only one thing that nobody denies – the whole world and countries separately are influenced by this activity in many various ways.
The first thing that is worth mentioning – the economic changes. People are able to travel and spend their money in other countries. It stimulates the GDP growth of visited countries. Furthermore, the globalization is important for citizens because they have a chance to learn new languages and use them for work integrating their country in the worldwide society.
The second thing is developing of the transport system. The more tourists travel, the more attention is paid to developing of the public transport. Most of them prefer buses and trains to the rented cars as it is much cheaper and easier. So the local people also benefit from it.
The third topic that should be mentioned in terms of the influence of tourism is environment. In comparison with other spheres that only benefit from the increasing travelling, the environment suffers a lot: more flights pollute air significantly. This opinion is regarded by the most famous researchers as a right one and is supported by the official statistics.
In conclusion, there is no right answer whether travelling should be limited or not. But practically all the people agree that we can not deny its advantages especially in today’s world.

2017-01-06 15:58:23

Catarina пишет:

*SPEAKING: I cannot assess this part as I'm preparing on my own. I just record my answers and relisten them afterwards. But I've never been to English-speaking countries and I don't have people to practice it with so this part is thought to be the worst for me :(

Why not turn up at our speaking club to show off?
my Skype corresponds to my nickname here

Сообщение отредактировано zymbronia (2017-01-06 15:59:52).

2017-01-06 16:12:47

Здравствуйте, я могу порекомендовать вам побеседовать с носителем-британцем, который готовит к САЕ, отличный ресурс italki. Можно конкретно с Вашим вопросом обратиться к такому преподавателю. За 1-2 скайповых занятия денег не надо много отдавать, а вот feedback получите для прояснения картины.
Это не реклама)

2017-01-06 16:14:03

JuliaD пишет:

Это не реклама

Почему?

2017-01-06 16:23:43

In my view, if you took this mock exam under the real exam conditions then you can count on grade A and consider to take CPA in 3 months. But that's just me.

2017-01-06 16:32:41

Andrey Boyd
I think it wasn't a mock exam, because she didn't check reading.

It was something like "self-assessment" site or test online IMHO. However, I cannot understand who checked the essays.Catarina пишет:

Could you tell me what do you think about such the results? Is there any sense in taking CAE?

The results are really good if they are objective and unbiased.

It will be common luck to obtain either higher or lower results, in three months, however, you will prepare for better results. You can also take some more mock tests. I don't think that it will be feasable to sit CPE. Three months isn't enough unless you are a language genius :)

2017-01-06 16:48:37

It was just a past paper.
I asked my friend (a native speaker working for LanguageLink) to check writing and assess it.

2017-01-06 16:50:41

Therefore, you have a friend-native speaker. Why cannot s/he assess your speaking skills? At least you can talk with your friend - it will be more productive than talking with students.

2017-01-06 16:53:12

zymbronia пишет:

Therefore, you have a friend-native speaker. Why cannot s/he assess your speaking skills? At least you can talk with your friend - it will be more productive than talking with students.

He's too busy so I don't regard bothering him as a good idea. I asked him once to check it and got my results only 3 weeks later.

2017-01-06 21:39:00

zymbronia пишет:

Почему?

потому что мне этот ресурс деньги не платит)) сама для себя взяла на заметку, т.к.цены на занятия с nativ-ами доступные и выбор большой среди преподавателей, как мне показалось.

Войдите или Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы добавить сообщение.