ФорумPractise your English
Railway document workflow

2016-11-24 09:53:42
counting_stars

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 27.10.2014

Hello!
Being involved in railway document workflow, I'd like engaged colleague to join in a discussion )
What documents are created in this process (bills, invoices, penalties etc)?
What type of contract/agreement is used?
Is it right working with a quote or a commercial proposal?
How to cancel a particular document?
Let's start!
2016-11-24 10:05:27
zymbronia

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 21.06.2013

I'd like to invite collegues to join this discussion.

As far as I understand, under "document workflow" you understand using a software and keep documents flowing within a process which is happening in a computerised system, right? If you mean something that is typed manually and stored in big boxes, it couldn't be relevant, as not many people are here who are involved in such manual labour in English.

If you have a specific software in mind, again, it can depend on who uses which software and could vary, however, the general idea could be the same.

Maybe you can give a brief description of a part of the process. For example, how to initiate a creation of a document. Or at least how to start the program and which options it has.
2016-11-24 11:18:13
counting_stars

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 27.10.2014

zymbronia пишет:

I'd like to invite collegues to join this discussion.
As far as I understand, under "document workflow" you understand using a software and keep documents flowing within a process which is happening in a computerised system, right? If you mean something that is typed manually and stored in big boxes, it couldn't be relevant, as not many people are here who are involved in such manual labour in English.

If you have a specific software in mind, again, it can depend on who uses which software and could vary, however, the general idea could be the same.

Maybe you can give a brief description of a part of the process. For example, how to initiate a creation of a document. Or at least how to start the program and which options it has.

I mean a process which is included some stages as railway transportation's deal as cargo delivery and other ones too. No need to use any software in case of depending on above stages.

Nope ) Process only...

Firstly, we have a client who'd like to deliver his/her cargo from the A point to the B one (or something like that).
Next, the client must effect a contract for transportation; this step hides a proper complexity to choice a right type of contract he/she needs.
Some of railway companies (or carriers) don't use contracts replacing them with agreements.
As for ideally, the contract occupies a higher level in a document hierarchy then agreement but God knows—every bird cacthes its worm )
There're many types of contracts/agreements in this way, but no one and only list for them ...
Just some of them are
- Freight Forwarding Agreement;
- Freight Forwarding Contract;
- Supplementary Agreement;
- Freight Forwarding Service Agreement etc...
Easy to begin )

Сообщение отредактировано counting_stars (2016-11-24 11:27:16).

2016-11-24 11:36:36
zymbronia

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 21.06.2013

Could you give please definitions of "Contract" and "Agreement"? I cannot see any difference between those two words whatsoever.

Anyway, do you use a computerised system for your document flow process or is it just a name for a paper flow of documents?

counting_stars пишет:

the A point to the B one

from point A to point B

counting_stars пишет:

transportation's deal

without ' - I don't think we need the possessive case here (you like grammar terms, right?)

counting_stars пишет:

this step hides a proper complexity to choice

I don't think "hide" is a proper word here.
*to choose

Сообщение отредактировано zymbronia (2016-11-24 11:36:48).

2016-11-24 12:53:05
counting_stars

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 27.10.2014

zymbronia

Could you give please definitions of "Contract" and "Agreement"? I cannot see any difference between those two words whatsoever.

As for me, The Agreement is a part of the Contract as an Additional Agreement.
Considering that, there's a different point of view of different carries for transportation process register.
Difficult to "cure" from it )
zymbronia

Anyway, do you use a computerised system for your document flow process or is it just a name for a paper flow of documents?

Looking back to my experience it'd be so nice to tell about other sides of workflow: the first is a work with clients which haven't access to our corporate system and the second is our side—the employees can receive the documents in any format the client wants to create (paper, *.DOCX, *.XML, *.TXT etc); the main thing is to enter or import them accurately )
zymbronia

from point A to point B

Maybe ... Having written on the basis of IT-Guides; as usually, these books keep inside something like that "Click on the 'Edit' button".
zymbronia

without ' - I don't think we need the possessive case here (you like grammar terms, right?)

Yeah, like professor Henry Higgins did ) ...
zymbronia

I don't think "hide" is a proper word here.
*to choose 

Nice comment!
2016-11-24 13:35:14
zymbronia

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 21.06.2013

as to "the A point" - of course you can have that, however, using "poing A" is shorter and more convinient IMHO.

The Possessive Case we commonly use with live createrus, and mainly with people.

Possessive case with 's or s' for people or animals
• singular nouns (person or animal) + 's the boy's racket, the dog's ears, the queen's limousine
• regular plural nouns ending in -s + ' the passengers' luggage
• irregular plural nouns not ending in -s + 's the children's toys, the women's magazines
• compound nouns + 's my sister-in-Iaw's house
• 's after the last of two or more names to show common possession
Kate and Alan's yacht (The yacht belongs to both of them.)
• 's after each name to show individual possession Sonia's and Marisa 's cars (Each owns a car.)

There could be a danger that I'll start to write more about grammar than about document flow processes as we are currently discussing grammar within the club, but I haven't talked about documents with anybody yet :)

Cheers!
2016-11-24 14:30:18
counting_stars

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 27.10.2014

zymbronia
as to "the A point" - of course you can have that, however, using "poing A" is shorter and more convinient IMHO.

Sure, the more shortly the more usefully )

zymbronia
The Possessive Case we commonly use with live createrus, and mainly with people.

Ok, thanks!

zymbronia
There could be a danger that I'll start to write more about grammar than about document flow processes as we are currently discussing grammar within the club, but I haven't talked about documents with anybody yet :)

Well done ) ... better to write )

Taking apart next situation it's most of all to tell that the client can delay or eject some contract conditions as inaccurate information, wrong delivery address, cargo change in transportation register process... the privileges are for the client )
Frankly speaking, time before the client made a mistake among delivery mode; ordering the railway thing, he lost about cargo by the see.
Other type demands other documents as consignment, shipping bill and custom declaration.
Time after time, we or they broke our responsibilities; trully, as good as it gets—not the sitaution I'd like to tell this way )
It occures the big black ghost of our buisiness which is named as a penalty.
The penalty has a special item going up and down... the up—you've got it, the down—as usually—you've been ruined (

Сообщение отредактировано counting_stars (2016-11-24 14:32:53).

2016-11-24 14:38:25
zymbronia

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 21.06.2013

counting_stars пишет:

Frankly speaking, time before the client made a mistake among delivery mode; ordering the railway thing, he lost about cargo by the see.

Please reconsider this part above if you don't mind. I think you have typos there or mixed up some words.

counting_stars пишет:

broke our responsibilities

break our obligations

I think you are using a business language which has its terminology and it isn't easy to get the point at once. Still, please check if you used correct wording in your message as mix-up of words can hamper your reader.

Anyway, I understood that you experience some difficulty with entering and accompanying your documents, there are various types of documents which could change depending on the client, where he resides, and type of transportation, and country, and their individual preferences. I also understand that conditions can be changed depending on the situation and either the client or you can demand to change the conditions and terms of the contracts and therefore, the document must be cancelled, supplemented or ammended, however, I cannot understand whether everything is being done within some kind of electronic document flow, or you are using a traditional way when you just type document, keep them in your folders and then archive them after the expiration of their terms, or an electronic computerised system does those for you?

Сообщение отредактировано zymbronia (2016-11-24 14:47:15).

2016-11-24 15:16:10
counting_stars

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 27.10.2014

Frankly speaking, sometimes the clients make the mistakes. One of them chose wrong delivery way—"by the railway" instead "by the see".
Time after time, we or they breake our obligations.
I'm glad, you've written above things )

zymbroniaI cannot understand whether everything is being done within some kind of electronic document flow, or you are using a traditional way when you just type document, keep them in your folders and then archive them after the expiration of their terms, or an electronic computerised system does those for you?

The ICS—Information Calculation System—we have is used for full transportation cycle register.
After entering/importing the documents the manager begins to analyze received data.
When not OK, he/she corrects some data or runs the calculation.
When done, the clien's invoice is ready to be sent to him/her.
After paid, the manager calls the carrier to say yes for cargo transportation.
Everything above is registered in the ICS.
Finally, when the client's had own cargo ... that's all.
The manager makes some manipulations in the ICS, and the documents're archived.
This way I see )

Сообщение отредактировано counting_stars (2016-11-24 15:16:52).

2016-11-24 15:25:01
zymbronia

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 21.06.2013

counting_stars пишет:

I'm glad, you've written above things )

I am glad you're learning to go without any electronic translators now. :)
by railway
by sea

I think we don't need any articles when we say the above.

Is that system you are using called The Payment Information Calculation System (PICS) or just The Information Calculation System (ICS)

What does it calculate? The pay, or the route, or both?

Have you read the ICS instruction? Have you been working with the system at all?

Сообщение отредактировано zymbronia (2016-11-24 15:25:21).

2016-11-24 22:13:26
counting_stars

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 27.10.2014

zymbronia
Is that system you are using called The Payment Information Calculation System (PICS) or just The Information Calculation System (ICS)

Just the ICS, nevertheless I'd name it as you've called above; making many wonderful things with the "little" help from this ICS the users're on the heaven seven or feeling like a number one )

zymbronia
What does it calculate? The pay, or the route, or both?

The transportation parameters reflect multiplicity of data, but it takes you higher, if you'd look into this hidden data world being full of routes, currencies, dates, carriers, speeds etc...

zymbronia
Have you read the ICS instruction? Have you been working with the system at all?

With a little diving untill I've occupied a different position. Of course, and little by little doing it now )

Сообщение отредактировано counting_stars (2016-11-24 22:15:02).

2016-11-25 09:52:33
counting_stars

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 27.10.2014

Using a railway regular document list is fine, but when the document workflow became well-established ... having some problems to make it as the world carries do...
The key is the parameters the manager types, when the transportation is being entered into the ICS.
Ignoring the progressive companies experience reaches a dealock; this way we could use a regular terminology.
Some extra services are used too and their names depend upon a corporate lawyer wants to register.
Here they go:
1. Netting—when the Multitran shows one and only term which is used in this subject—to in word is "the adjustment" but really this process describes the wagon movement from one railway track to another one. It seems to me the North American carriers uses its own term for "Netting" having an advanced transporation level. But no found going this way.
2. Hazard cargo class—inflammable, explosive and toxic goods must be marked as "the hazard cargo". They have their own indexes, numbers, titles etc to be noticed on stations, ferries and near settlements. It's desirable entering them with one and only marker ... HCS? ... HC? and many many more ... this way nothing but great to find a single and regular abbreviation.

Сообщение отредактировано counting_stars (2016-11-25 09:53:28).

2016-11-25 14:26:27
zymbronia

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 21.06.2013

counting_stars пишет:

the world carries

international carriers???
counting_stars пишет:

the manager types

a manager enters ???

counting_stars пишет:

progressive companies

leading companies???

counting_stars пишет:

American carriers uses its own term for "Netting" having an advanced transporation level

Do you mean "railroad net"? I doubt if there is a railroad net in the USA.

You are speaking about railroad issues regarding the issue of documents and related stuff.
It makes your topic about the document flow even more complecated.
Not many people are engaged in document flows, not many people of those studying English are interested in completing and issuing documents, but even less are working in the railroad system.

You opened a difficult topic for EFL members you know.

We need to find out the basis of your issue and start to dicuss something basic. Additionally, please try to make simple phrases or else you will end up with misunderstanding of other participants.
It is a complecated topic and if you use some sophisticated terms or misuse terms, that will make your topic incomprehensive

You wrote before that we can start from creation of .doc documents.
Maybe it will be easier to discuss at the beginning.
I know, for one, that we need only the Word Processor in order to make up and complete a .doc document. Do we then need to import it into the system? Is it difficult to enter a .doc document into your system?
Why do you usually need .doc documents? Are they letters, instructions, descriptions of cargo, or something else?

Good luck!
I think your goal is to learn to write and I hope it doesn't matter that I don't understand the topic and don't know the system to imagine it clearly, right?
2016-11-28 11:05:20
counting_stars

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 27.10.2014

Yes, of course. All your above comments're right )

zymbronia
Do you mean "railroad net"? I doubt if there is a railroad net in the USA.

Something's wrong...
Netting is a railway term which describes the process I've written before.
I mean it's good using a standard terminology.
Reviewing North American railway systems, I'm suspecting their railway companies have the "Netting" standart term.
Our side difficulty is this term into Russian as the "Adjustment".
This one can be meant as a device setting as a watch correction etc.

Thanks so ... you've said fine about basis of our discussion.
Great topic but difficult contact points to find, and it'll good getting back to start.

Before working, the client's looking for a suitable carrier.
When selected, he/she contacts to the carrier to be informed about transportation conditions.
When OK, two sides—the carries and client—begins to contract.
The carrier lawyer creates one type of the contracts which must satisfy all cient needs.
Technically, the lawyer's known about the client document format prefer, creating it by the proper tool.
Some clients keep their own data electronically.
This way restricts document formats.
Working with *.DOCX or *.XML, the customer must tell that to the carrier.
If not care, telling too but with notice—"The format doesn't matter".
Next, the laywer creates a selected type of contract.
A prepared document is sent to the client.
A number of agreement steps and the contract gets ready to sign both the carrier and the customer.

Сообщение отредактировано counting_stars (2016-11-28 11:07:48).

2016-11-28 11:55:19
zymbronia

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 21.06.2013

counting_stars

Do you mind working at your grammar a little bit?
I think I can understand something whay you wrote, something is possible to guess for me, but still I am in doubt if I could understand everything in full.
And I am not sure how to proceed with the discussion of the system managing the document workflow.
Shall we talk about creating a .doc document, or shall we discuss the reasons why we need those .doc documents at all and what benefit we should expect from using such documents?
However, I think we need to make clear some points related to grammar. Do you mind?

counting_stars пишет:

Our side difficulty is this term into Russian as the "Adjustment".

Not sure about the above.
The problem is that this term is translated into Russian as "Adjustment" - is it this?
counting_stars пишет:

This one can be meant as a device setting as a watch correction etc.

This one can mean zone time adjustment. - I don't understand either - is it something that relates to crossing time zones? When we need to introduce a correction into the schedule of trains when the time zone is crossed? Anyway, it is difficult for me. I think that the railroad must make up the schedule accordingly and the carrier doesn't need to worry about time zones, but the railroad management.

counting_stars пишет:

When selected, he/she contacts to the carrier to be informed about transportation conditions.

When selected, he/she contacts the carrier to obtain the information about transportation conditions.
counting_stars пишет:

Technically, the lawyer's known about the client document format prefer, creating it by the proper tool.

Technically, the lawyer is aware which document format is preferable for the client, so that he/she could use the proper tool to complete it.

I can also make mistakes. I am sorry, however, I think that I can understand what I wrote a little bit better. What about you? Do you think I made proper corrections or wrong ones?
Cheers!

Сообщение отредактировано zymbronia (2016-11-28 11:55:55).

2016-11-28 13:41:51
counting_stars

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 27.10.2014

zymbronia
Do you mind working at your grammar a little bit?

I think I can understand something whay you wrote, something is possible to guess for me, but still I am in doubt if I could understand everything in full.

And I am not sure how to proceed with the discussion of the system managing the document workflow.

Shall we talk about creating a .doc document, or shall we discuss the reasons why we need those .doc documents at all and what benefit we should expect from using such documents?

However, I think we need to make clear some points related to grammar. Do you mind?

Yes, sure!

I see you've almost understood well, but if it's not you may ask me again.

We can sit over a problem with documents the customer and carrier create and after going to the document import into the ICS.

OK. After your answer I think we can.

OK. It's very useful.

zymbronia
Not sure about the above.
The problem is that this term is translated into Russian as "Adjustment" - is it this?

I mean this—see the http://www.multitran.ru/c/m.exe?CL=1&s=%F0%E5%E3%F3%EB%E8%F0%EE%E2%EA%E0&l1=1 link and please see the ZdD (into Russian) traslation.

Your corrections are right...

Сообщение отредактировано counting_stars (2016-11-28 13:43:07).

2016-11-28 15:02:21
zymbronia

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 21.06.2013

Therefore, everything starts from a client looking for a carrier. After the client has decided to use services of the railroad, he requested the railroad management to enter into negotiations. First, the client wants to know the terms and conditions of transportation and also quotes. Then, if the client is happy about the terms, he/she or a client-organisation contact a manager or lawyer of the railroad to sing a contract. For this, the client informs the lawyer about the preferences and the format of documents which are to be singed. The lawyer prepares those documents in the preferable format and sends to the client for verification and approval.

I believe we have to talk now about this "preferable format", right? Specifically, we are going to talk how to create those documents within the client’s document flow system in either .doc or .pdf format, right? Or do we have some intermediate steps before we enter the contract and accompanied documentation into the system?
2016-11-28 15:57:29
chaika

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 04.09.2001

>a manager or lawyer of the railroad to sing a contract

Would be great to hear this!
2016-11-28 16:17:16
counting_stars

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 27.10.2014

A preferable format is a privilege of the client.
As said before, they have their own ICS or haven’t.
Who hasn’t the ICS—as a rule —this kind of clients prefer the “MS Word” format with *.DOC or *.DOCX file extension.
Other clients inform the carrier about their own document format which depends upon many terms.
There’re a range of formats from standard TXT, XML, CSV etc. to exotic ones.
In process of agreement or significant it can be edited or replaced with another document.
When this process’s over, the customer is received the contract (or any document which is needed) to import it into the ICS.
Inside client’s system, the document is created with the help of special tools.
Pressing the “Create” button and clicking the “MS Word” or “Adobe PDF” from the dropdown list, the client’s manager creates a new document for further sending to the carrier.
Some seconds to wait and the message “Your document is successfully created” will appear.
Next step to fill it and send to the carrier.
Other algorithm branch of work is creating an additional agreement to the contract.
Considering some steps of partners’ work, they have a right to demand including the additional document to main one.
The most common means extra terms which aren’t included into the contract.
Usually, the agreement contains hidden or uncommon terms of the transportation, like a currency translation in CHF, a security presence, a hazard cargo transportation etc.

Сообщение отредактировано counting_stars (2016-11-28 16:21:47).

2016-11-28 16:50:27
zymbronia

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 21.06.2013

chaika пишет:

>a manager or lawyer of the railroad to sign a contract
Would be great to hear this!

Do you mean it is wrong? I'll be happy if you correct me. You're welcome to participate to help in better use of English and understanding of document flow systems.
As a matter of fact, I am not a railroad employee and not its client. I heard something about document flows, but firstly, they are different, and secondly, I haven't used any personally.
You're welcome to correct my wrong phrases and understanding.
I don't mean only this one letter in the word "sign" of course. :)

counting_stars

This time your writing is much more understandable.
As far as I understand you are neither a railroad nor a client. Or the railroad is one organisations who rent wagons, and there are a number of carriers who use services by the railroad, therefore, the railroad is an intermediate between the client and a carrier?
Or other?
I cannot understand the relationships between those three subjects.
Are you working for the railroad, right?
You look for clients as well as you look for carriers who use your services? Why cannot the railroad render transportation services then?
Wouldn't it be simpler? Or will it be considered as monopoly and banned? What is the problem? Maybe I just misunderstand your role in this document flow process. Couldn’t you be just a clerk who complete documents by order of carriers, lawyers, clients and railroads?
2016-11-29 09:53:31
counting_stars

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 27.10.2014

Frankly speaking, I’m an ICS developer representative who must explore the carrier and client relationships. This experience will be realized in the near system versions.
There isn’t a chain between three subject at all. Being involved, they work as one and second subjects. If the carrier can’t deliver cargo, it engages other carriers, but this fact is hidden for the client working with a contracted carrier only.
The railway net is very branchy and some carriers have extra high rates for proper region transportation. This isn’t to their advantage. In such case these companies outsource their contracted obligations to other transportation companies. This works by a double advantage only.
To enjoy profit is to minimize explicit costs, but this principle is suspected making the business chain is simpler as can as possible. Of course, the monopoly is a reason to use one and only carrier everywhere, when profitably. Everything is broken by the rates which are the golden measure of this business. This slogan is “if your rates are high in comparison to your competitor —the clients choose lower rates!”
Making a correct document is to make a half of business; this is obligations which are bounded by money.
2016-11-29 16:06:06
zymbronia

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 21.06.2013

Hi!
What I can do is to try to enter some corrections to your text.
Here are some of them:

As a matter of fact, I’m a representative of an ICS developer who is studying a carrier and client’s relationship. The results of the study will then be implemented in draft versions of a system.
There is no relation between the three subjects at all. On signing a contract, they work directly with each other as two Parties of the contract. If the carrier can’t deliver the cargo, it can subcontract another carrier or several carriers, but the client working with the contracted carrier is not aware of that, it works only with the contracted carrier.
The railway net is a greatly branched network, and some carriers have enormously high quotes for their transportation services within a certain region. This isn’t adding to their advantage. If it is the case, these companies outsource the services and delegate their contracted obligations to other transportation companies.

Please try to correct the following part by yourself because I am not pretty sure if I could understand everything what you tried to say

This works by a double advantage only.
To enjoy profit is to minimize explicit costs, but this principle is suspected making the business chain is simpler as can as possible. Of course, the monopoly is a reason to use one and only carrier everywhere, when profitably. Everything is broken by the rates which are the golden measure of this business. This slogan is “if your rates are high in comparison to your competitor —the clients choose lower rates!”
Making a correct document is to make a half of business; this is obligations which are bounded by money.

As far as I can understand, you are working for the third party organisation that develops these ICS system, customising them under a certain client. Your client can be either a railroad branch or a carrier or their clients. You are neither of them. Just a software developer.
You many not be aware what is going on inside your customers and you know even less about their relationships.
You are looking for people who can be involved in development of systems for document workflows to discuss some specific details with them. It would be good if you meet a person who develops an ICS system for transportation services so that you can share your issues and find out how to resolve some tasks and problems.

Unfortunately, I can discuss those whith you only on a superficial and theoretical level. Even though my organisation is implementing a kind of an ICS system, I am not using it, and know little. Moreover, we are not a transporation company, however, sometimes we need to order some transportation services. I am not sure that the aforesaid system is intended for such kind of work, however, we have had another system, which is probably has a function of issuing transport documents since long time. However, again, I am not working with it. Maybe just a little bit when I need to order some paper or something, but it does not concern with transportation but with our local warehouse.

I'll be glad if you explain your developments to me, and practise in writing in English, but in the software development I will help you but little. Let's wait for somebody who really works with the system like you are describing.
2016-11-30 12:24:29
counting_stars

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 27.10.2014

The carrier and client’s relationships can be in process only then, when the both sides have a mutually beneficial interest.
Reducing the carrier’s explicit costs is using the business chain as short as possible.
This way the monopolistic transportation company can offer its services all over the world, but this company must keep the costs down inflicting a loss on itself.
if the costs are high in comparison to the competitor—the client chooses lower costs at the end.
You’ve got it! Being a developer an ICS for transportation services, some things inside carrier/client companies can be hidden from me.
Pretty sure, a representative employee gets ready to reply to my questions, when needed. Before my interrogation all questions must be agreed.
Fortunately, you’ve done as you could do for our topic. Basic things and more complicated questions we touched is very useful.
Telling this, my developments began a long time ago… Being a mathematician with computerized working skills, I had entered to this kind of business when something special crossed my path. Next, this IT position offered me a possibility to work with a large data cluster. Tables, quizzes, indexes, data cubes and marts act magically to be in a good mood and force going along in my skill improvement.
2016-12-01 16:31:21
zymbronia

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 21.06.2013

The carrier and client’s relationships can be in process only then, when the both sides have a mutually beneficial interest.

A carrier and a client can have some relationship when they have mutual interest.

Reducing the carrier’s explicit costs is using the business chain as short as possible.

A carrier can reduce its explicit costs if it makes the business chain as short as possible.

Ok. I see, a carrier's task is to shorten the business chain in order to offer its services for a cheaper price.
However, I cannot understand how a software developer can help the carrier to solve this task?
I don't see any possibility, any way how the ICS system affects this chain. As far as I can understand, your task to make up such a programme which considers all the demands of the carrier or/and the client in the field of filling in some forms, eg, CMR, invoice, etc. You need to know some requirements by your client.

What do document workflows do else but filling in forms on the basis of the data entered? How can it help make the business chain shorter?

Regarding information from a representative or a contact person of your client, you will be lucky if this person understands and can clearly see what they want. Sometimes this representative has but a little idea of what they need. In this case it is better to supply them with a standard software, which can be cheaper, and let them work for a year or two in order to let them get accoustomed with the software and find out their needs.
Otherwise you will develop your workflow for significant amount of months and then you will need to suppord and remake your programm because the client will not be satisfied.

Sometimes clients won't get any idea how to use a ready made software and they would need a kind of courses, but they won't want to pay for the courses. I think there could be some problems in case your client don't have a clear idea about what they want.

Which approaches do you have to solve such issues efficiently? Or do you prefer to do what they ask, then remake what you have done, and make them pay for additional work, and then make another circle as they won't be very happy after such a remake?

By the way, do you consider this kind of chat helpful for you in both terms of learning English and document flows?
2016-12-05 10:48:11
counting_stars

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 27.10.2014

As the above written, the ICS uses many types of data. There’re many parameters which support any user’s select to show the needs. Trying to see the routes, train speeds, set of services, one can make a decision which service or route are more preferable for the client. Before contracted, the client has an opportunity analyzing the route distance, number of interval points, delivery speed and—as a result—a total transporation price.
The documents can’t shorten the business chain because they are created, it the client has made a solution to order the transportation on the first ICS data analyze.
It’s absolutely clear! There’re two type of IT solutions as standard as unique. The first type is minimum costs to be realized—the standard solution as a puzzle which is being adopted for user’s needs a little; the second one—the non-standard solution which is being made from a new start.
Out of touch with the idea, the client is offered some special thing to force this idea to create: a stuff of high-skilled analysts, customer support, quick start user guide and online help must do their part.
The client’s first step is free. Everything he/she wants for the non-contracted base providing to help define an own course to go. When selected, the main work is begun. Some results are free and next we’ve contracted and work with fee. Sometimes the client tells the things which can be sounded as you've made something different as I’ve been waiting for other results but it is solved in such a solution improvement.
Sure, I’m much obliged to you for your help. Some terms—as leading companies, costs etc.—make my English communication vision more correct. This way, our talks have been an alteration in my grammar skills. I see this takes my refined writing style.

Сообщение отредактировано counting_stars (2016-12-05 10:51:32).

2016-12-08 11:16:56
counting_stars

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 27.10.2014

As good as a play, some of documents—being created on other contracted stages—are restricted with a number of international standards. This depends on transportation routes. If there’s an in-Russian one, the documents aren’t regulated by the international law. When other situation is, we have a deal with the documents in two copies, each in the English and Russian languages, both texts being equally authentic.
2016-12-08 14:40:37
zymbronia

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 21.06.2013

counting_stars

Sometimes I can be enthusiastic to write a lot of nothing. This time I don't feel much enthusiasm. Sometimes I just need a lot of time to undersand your writing. Anyway, I hope that a person who knows the subject better can turn up and help us develop this topic. I'll comment your previous two posts when I am ready.
Of course I need to have something in mind so that I can write it down :)

I am thinking of adjusting some of your mistakes or at least making sure that I understand what you wrote. Then I may or may not give my opinion about processing incoming data to the ICS. I encourage you, however, not to wait for my comments if you have something to add or to describe.

Maybe you found some forums where people know the subject better. In that case you can chat with people there.

Сообщение отредактировано zymbronia (2016-12-08 14:56:36).

2016-12-08 14:44:42
counting_stars

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 27.10.2014

zymbronia пишет:

counting_stars
Sometimes I can be enthusiastic to write a lot of nothing. This time I don't feel much enthusiasm. Sometimes I just need a lot of time to undersand your writing. Anyway, I hope that a person who knows the subject better can turn up and help us to develop this topic. I'll comment your previous two post when I am ready.
Of course I need to have something in mind so that I can write it down :)

OK )
As you like it...
2017-01-11 00:01:46
ОляОля

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 13.09.2015

chaika пишет:

a manager or lawyer of the railroad to SING the contract

Would be great to hear this

Agree!)
An enormously frequent mistake.

counting stars

Please excuse me but it is apparent that you do not seem to know business English.
2017-01-11 07:16:55
zymbronia

Завсегдатай

На форуме с 21.06.2013

ОляОля
That is exactly why he decided to practise his business English - in order to learn it :)
Внимание! В этом разделе разрешено общение только на английском языке. Сообщения, содержащие русский язык, удаляются.

Войдите или Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы добавить сообщение.

Понравилось? Поделитесь с друзьями:

Новости сайта

4 октября 2016 г.
Обновлены частые вопросы и ответы форума. Новых вопросов: 1, обновленных вопросов: 7. Полный список сегодняшних обновлений FAQ для изучающих английский язык доступен на этой странице.